Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Thursday, June 18, 2015

My Makeup Stash: Foundations

Assalamualaikum and hello ladies!


Okayyyy, so now we're onto the foundations stash. Haha. I don't really have that much, well actually I already gave 1 away to my sister since the shade was too pink for me. So yeah. Let's go. In no particular order. LOL. I do not swatch each of the foundation because I think it's pretty useless... You have to swatch them yourself for you to know if it's okay for you.. Or not. Teehee.

FYI, I have quite fair skin, eh fair asian skin? Can like that? Also I don't know what's my undertone. Hahahaha. I think I'm on the warmer side. Warm, light beige? I guess? I don't know. 


Tadaaa

1. Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation (shade no 53 light beige)


Okay so the first one that I wanna talk about is this Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation. Says on the bottle that it has some kind of pigments that can also color correct your skin and... Stuff. I'm not so sure about that but it is medium to full coverage so the color correct may has a bit of a factor in it. I guess.

The consistency is quite thick, but it doesn't have a scent like the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum which smells really nice. Oh my god. I love the smell. But this one, no scent. If you're the type of person who can't really stand any cosmetics smell, maybe you can try this one. Doesn't have any scent or smell like anything... LOL.

I don't really like this foundation, even if it has good coverage. I'd say it's on the natural but not that natural kinda finish? LOL. Sometimes it can look kinda patchy on my skin. I don't know why. I only use beautyblender for this one, haven't really try using a brush. Maybe I should. LOL. I will update you if I ever use brush on this and whether I like it or not. Plus, my skin gets oily after few hours. Which is not good. But I love the coverage it gives. Can say it's pretty flawless. But it's a bit oily for me. It's not that expensive, still affordable. I think it's cheaper than Revlon's foundations.

But on some occasions, I will continue using this foundation. I just have to blot it through the day and put on some powder to make it matte. You just gotta make it work right?

Update (19/8/2015): I buff it in with my flat top brush and it does not look patchy at all! Really loving the finishhhh <3 This foundation last quite long on me, even though my oil already coming through but it didn't break the foundation. But of course I look like a grease ball but hey, it's good. Plus, if I wore it the whole day I won't have break outs.


2. Sephora 10hr Wear Perfection Foundation (30 medium sand, certainly not my shade)


I bought this because I really wanted to try the Sephora brand which almost everyone said it's not that bad and also affordable. So I went ahead and tried this foundation. I don't know why but I think I grabbed the wrong shade because when I tried this at home, I looked really... Pink. Like so pink. I think this one is a peach based foundation. Which is the reason why I looked so pink. I thought about going back and return this mofo, but you know what I thought to myself, I am going to make this bitch works. But no. It didn't. So I gave this one to my sister. She looks pink too but she still wears them. Hahaha.

To be honest, this gotta be the best foundation for oily skin (in my opinion at least). I know Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation is the best but I haven't try that one so yeah. LOL. I really love it. It doesn't make me look so oily throughout the day. I just feel bad that the shade didn't really work for me but other than that, it's good. This foundation is affordable but it's on the pricier side. (almost RM70). My "affordable" price range is less than RM60. So yeah. LOL

It has medium to full coverage and matte finish. I can't recall if it has any significant scent to it. But I'm totally okay with this foundation. I love it. I will repurchase one that suits my skintone. Soon. Lol. Estee Lauder Double Wear is on top of my wishlist so I'm gonna get that first. LOL


3. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation (no 53 light shade)


This foundation gets everyone crazy because everyone is raving about it like all the time. So you know, of course, I'm being me have to buy this mofo to see what's the hype. One thing that is so obvious, of course is the nice scent. It has kinda like fruity scent but not the sweet kind. I don't know how to explain to you guys but the scent is soooo effin nice. No wonder people love it.

Now, this foundation gives a light to medium coverage and almost natural skin-like finish. I'm not sure if it's buildable as it is a gel foundation. Yeah I love gel stuff. I know, I know. But this one is not really oily girls friendly. It is quite moisturizing, so I will get so oily after 1 hour. Kalau panas tu lagi lah. Tak selamat. Haha. But I do love the smell, ahhh. So nice. I even bought the pressed powder and dang it that thing smells heavenly.

Now this one is quite pricey. Exceeded my affordable range by RM1. HAHAHHAHA. Okay lah not pricey but definitely affordable lah kot. Dry skin girls should try this foundation. It's good.

Update (19/8/2015): This foundation is totally my holy grail. But unfortunately if I wore this all day (more than 8hours), I gots break outs!!!! I no like!!! But I still use it but only if aku rasa macam taknak pakai lama. LOL


4. L'oreal True Match Foundation (Nude Vanilla)


So I was looking for a drugstore foundation and seems like lots of people really enjoying this True Match Foundation. So I bought it. It wasn't that expensive, at that time ada sale so I got pretty good deal on this. It was like RM44 or something. 

It has light to medium coverage, buildable but you will look like a frickin ghost lah. Hahahhaa. For me it's dewy finish. I think this wasn't the right shade for me tapi aku hantam aja lah. It kinda look kelabu asap on me, something about the undertone is not quite suitable for my skintone.

I wear this on everyday basis because this foundation is on my Project Pan list. This one make me look oily as hell too. I don't really like it. But it kinda grows on me. Maybe if I had the right shade I will love it for everyday look but now, I don't. LOL. Then again, you have to make it work kan. Huh.


5. MAC Matchmaster Foundation (shade 2.0)


This foundation is actually my first ever purchase from MAC. Hahaha. I really wanted to try 1 high-end foundation (now it's 2 - I REALLY WANT THAT ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR FOUNDATION), so I bought this! Again, this is pricey for me. Double the price for my max affordable price. Costs about RM150 but hehehe who cares.

This foundation has light to medium coverage, also buildable. If you're not careful, can look pretty cakey. Now, this one's for me has kinda matte but natural finish. I think. To be honest, I really love this foundation. It doesn't make me oily like the Bourjois one and it looks pretty flawless on me. (That's what I see lah)


6. Revlon Colorstay Foundation (shade 200 Nude - definitely not my shade)


This foundation is actually my first ever foundation of all time. Hahaha. Dulu pakai BB stick je. A friend of mine suggested this one because it is good and "affordable". My first bottle was perfect, I have no issues with it and then when I repurchased it, it wasn't the same. This one is patchy. Everything about it is just so wrong. It has medium to full coverage and matte finish.



So uhm foundation tips? Haha. Of course if you wanna make your foundations last all day, I think you kinda need a primer/makeup base. Some people said it's not needed but I think my foundation works best with primers. Then again, it is your preferences lah. Applications can affect too, like if you use sponges or brushes like you're gonna have like the airbrush look. I don't know. Hahhaa. I do use brushes & sponges. Both works wonderfully for me. Just try first then yall know. Other than that, if you have oily skin, set your foundation with translucent powders. If you're using the regular pressed powder, it will look cakey and not pretty at all. The most important of all, just take a good care of your skin. Flawless base = flawless face. I do not have flawless base, but Nutox Serum really helps my skin a lot. I always use that before I apply any makeup. I swear by this product. It's good. Really good.

Holy Grail Foundation: MAC Matchmaster Foundation, Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum

I don't think I have anything else to share, but if there's anything I will just update here. You guys can check em out everyday right? He he he he he he he heh.


Thank you sweethearts for reading this.


-iffahs


More info:

More mymakeupstash series, HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment