Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Review: Sephora Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Gel

Assalamualaikum and hello lovely ladies...~~~


So I went to Sephora like last month or few months ago? I dont know. LOL. And I found this makeup remover gel by Sephora. Of course I got interested because it's in gel form... So yeah. Plus it's not that expensive for that size of a bottle. It's like RM24 (something) for 125ml. Okay let's jump into it.

PRODUCT INFO

What it is: An ultra-effective eye makeup remover with a refreshing texture and skincare benefits.

What it does: Remove all your makeup in one swift gesture. This gentle gel soothes and moisturizes the eye area with cornflower extract and moisturizes the skin thanks to HydroSenn+™. A special complex of flavonoids and olive extracts strengthens lashes for an added eye-beauty bonus.

What it is formulated WITHOUT: Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates

What else you need to know: This fragrance-free product and has been dermatologically and ophthalmologically tested and is safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.

REVIEW

So, gel products are totally my thing. Even before I bought this, I already love it. Hahaha. I was frustrated for awhile because I cannot find any info on the world wide web. Rupanya nama lain. The ones at Sephora outside Malaysia is called 2 in 1 Eye Makeup Remover Gel. Tengok ingredients, product info apa semua sama je. Pffft whatever.

So after a few tries, I'd say this product is a half fail. Okay first of all, there is nothing wrong with this makeup remover actually. The only problem that I have is they're not really that effective. Foundations, lipliners, maybe a bit of eyeliner, can lah. But when it comes to freaking mascara, it's really hard to get them off. Well, nama pon "gentle" kan. You know kalau ada "gentle" ni mesti tak berkesan sangat. But The Body Shop Gentle Makeup Remover boleh je hilang mascara. *squints eyes* please refer the demo down below...


As you can see, concealer, lip liner & brow pencil can be easily removed. But eyeliners, you just have to work hard for it to be removed completely. I don't really mind, but you know you high hopes for makeup removers that are actually for eye makeup but it's like, it's not doing anything. And if this stuff got into my eyes, it burns like hell. "Safe for contact wearers". Yeah right. I'm a bit disappointed with this.

I will still continue using this mainly for my face, as it is very cooling and refreshing. Would I repurchase? No. Even though the price wasn't that bad, I will stick with my Loreal Makeup Remover.


Rating: ★★☆☆☆


I did share my fave makeup removers in my Skincare Routine: Cleansers. Supposedly aku kena post pasal scrub and masks but you know, I'm a lazy ass... Lagi sebulan lah kot baru rajin. Muahaha. Hope you guys find this helpful in any way. Haha. Thanks for reading. Loves <3


-iffahs


More info:

No comments:

Post a Comment