Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

First Impression/Review: Catrice Absolute Matt Eyeshadow Palette

Assalamualaikum and hello pretty ladies!


So yayyyy! This is totally my first post for "First Impression" series. Weeeee I am so goddang excited. Wow I am excited at everything. Weeeeeeeeee. It's not gonna be long... I am not in the mood to write so many stuff here. LOL


2 way applicator, which is okay unlike other palettes only has sponge applicator, which is sucks


Okay so the first one of course, I would like to try out this Catrice Absolute Matt Eyeshadow Palette. This brand is like sooo over-hyped in Malaysia. Blushes and bronzers are GREAT, but what about the eyeshadows? Jeng jeng jeng.

Lets just call it 1-6 from B-T, OKAY?

1 - White
2 - Light Pink
3 - Grey-ish Taupe ?
4 - Brown-ish Taupe ?
5 - Dark Brown
6 - Dark Grey


First impression: Nice, compact palette. Great for travelling. But the pigmentation is ehhhhhhh.

Tadaaaaa

So I did two looks using this eyeshadow palette. Please note that I am NOT a professional makeup artist. So whatever you see here, if it's not blending too well it could be because of my lack of blending skills or these eyeshadows just not... Blendable.

Wow this does not look freaky at all

Okay first look (my left eye, on your right ?), I did the lazy smokey eye thing. It's "lazy" because I just use 2 eyeshadow from this palette, which was no 3 & no 6. I did use primer just to make it more "pigmented" but as you can see here it's not that pigmented. Plus no 6 shade is not that black. It is more like a dark grey shade. I think. That's why it looked a bit muddy. 

Whoaaaa

The second look (my right eye, on your left ?), I did my kind of "everyday" look. Not everyday la but can wear everyday lah. Kot. So I use 3 eyeshadows, which was no 2, 4 & 5. Okay, for this look, it's a total FAIL. I tried to use the no 2 shade which is the light pink in my inner conner/lid, OMG, no matter how many I layered it, it is just did not work at all. And applying the dark brown shade (no 5) was the hardest ever. It wasn't looking like the way I imagined it. I used no 4 in my crease and that one was gorgeous. I like it. Even though it looked a bit muddy, but I think I can use it everyday for my crease.

Final thoughts

This palette is a big disappointment. I am so sorry, it just sucks. It is actually similar to one Nyx palette that I bought before, it is the Nyx Nude on Nude Natural Look Kit. OMG the pigmentation is just... FREAKING SUCKS. Okay, back to the Catrice one. I do not recommend this palette for makeup beginners. The only shades that I think that will work for me is no 3 & 4. Other than that, I don't know. Might not use it as the other darker shades I have is so much better that this palette. I actually think the Nyx Butt Naked is a good beginner eyeshadow palette. For the price is pretty worth it because you get 16 eyeshadows, 1 bronzer, 4 blushes and 2 illuminating powders. But I think the one that I have  is discontinued. :(

Rating: ★☆☆☆☆ (half of the star, I cannot find html code for half star LOL)


So that's it guys. I hope this helps you in any way.


More info:



What's on muh face:

Catrice Prime & Fine Anti-Red Primer
Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation in No 53
Revlon Colorstay Concealer in Light Medium
Revlon Loose Powder
Nyx Radiant Finishing Powder
Essence Blush in Natural Beauty
Nyx Blush in Taupe
Nyx Eyebrow Cake Powder in Dark Brown
Nyx Concealer in Jar
Makeup Revolution Lip Power in Can't Escape Me
Maybelline Rebel Bouquet Lipstick in REB07 (just a dab)

No comments:

Post a Comment