Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Sunday, August 9, 2015

My Makeup Stash: Blushes

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely ladies!


So it is time... To talk about blushesssssssss. I think pretty much most of the ladies out there mesti pakai blushes. Macam clown, natural flush semua ada. Hoho. Aku pon kadang-kadang macam clown jugak, jakun betul. Anyways. Yayyy blushessssss. I don't have high end blushes sebab... Aku rasa boleh je dapat shade yang cantik dekat drugstore. Tak perlu spend so much money you know. And of course you can make the blushes or anything last longer, as long as you know the right technique to it. Practice makes perfect doh der. All of these blushes are powder blushes. I only have 3 liquid blushes which I will post a review on them. They're the same brand actually... So yeah.


Okay, grab your popcorns or fried chicken guys... Coz it's gonna be looooooong. And I'm really sorry if it is a bit out of place. I don't understand why I did this guys. Aku ambik-ambik gambar lepas tu aku dah malas nak ambik balik untuk ikut brand. Hahhahahahaha. Mampos lah.


Top (L-R): Essence Blush in Adorable, Nyx Soft Spoken, Golden Rose Silky Touch Blush in 204
Bottom (L-R): Elf Studio Blush in Mellow Mauve, Nyx Blush in Flamingo




Description: Warm rosey mauve, shimmery
Suitable on: Fair to medium skintone
Price: RM20-RM30 ($3 in the US)

Aku taktau kenapa nama dia Mellow Mauve. Tak nampak macam Mauve pon. This blush is not that pigmented actually. I don't know why orang macam suka gila this Elf blush. Maybe I got a bad batch, I don't know. But I don't really like this blush. Tonyoh la brush macam mana pon takde color payoff langsung. Bukanlah takde tapi memang buang energy jugak lah nak kena tonyoh apa semua. But it looks natural though. Okay lah boleh lah. But the color payoff, *farts sound*.



Description: Baby pink with blue tone, matte
Suitable on: Fair to medium skintone
Price: RM25++ ($5 in the US)

This was actually my first blush from Nyx. I love this blush. Nampak macam bright but it's actually not. On my skin, dia jadi macam natural flush. I like. But the packaging, aduhhh. Letak dalam makeup bag, tak lama tu pecah. So I depotted it. Tu yang ter-exposed tu. Hahaha. But now aku tak letak lah dalam makeup bag. Gila ke habis lah barang-barang lain jadi kaler pink



Description: Soft shimmer mauve peach
Suitable on: Fair to medium skintone
Price: RM22

I bought this like a while ago but I haven't really use it that much because it has shimmer in it. But recently I put it in my everyday drawer and I actually loving it. It looks quite natural and the shimmer is not really obvious. It gives like a really subtle highlighted cheek. But not really on fleek lah kan. But I like. It's good. It's not that pigmented but in a good way. Looks quite natural lah. LOVE IT.



Description: Soft light peach with a hint of pink, satin
Suitable on: Pale/Fair skintone
Price: RM30++ ($6.50 in the US)

Okay yang ni aku beli sebab Kathleen Lights. Kahkah. And it seems like pretty much everyone likes this blush so I bought it. Unfortunately masa sampai tu this blush pecah. *nangis* But then aku berusaha jugak lah carik surgical spirit untuk jadikan dia perfect and wearable balik. So after few tries, berjaya jugak. And bila aku pakai ni, it's not that pigmented lah. Color payoff is mehh, maybe this blush is too light for me. But this one pon kalau pakai betul-betul boleh nampak macam natural flush jugak. But this doesn't work for me. So yeah.



Description: Light warm pink, satin
Suitable on: Fair to medium skintone
Price: RM15++ (tak ingat sbb selalu ada sale lol)

I talked about this blush in my July Favorites. Omg I love this blush so much. It gives like a really natural looking flush on my skin. Essence blushes are the bombs I tell ya. Worth every freaking penny. It can last quite long on your skin. I really love their blushes. For the price, I mean come on. Less than RM20, I would buy them all !


Okay Round Two. Fuh3. Okay pi lah refill air ke ais krim ke...


Top: The Body Shop All-In-One Cheek Colour in Guava, Nyx Blush in Spice
Bottom: Clinique Fresh Bloom All Over Colour in Peony, Nyx Blush in Taupe, Essence Silky Touch Blush in Kissable




Description: Plum shade with gold shimmer
Suitable on: Fair to medium-deep (maybe) skintone
Price: RM15++ (tak ingat sbb selalu ada sale lol)

I think I bought this exact shade few years back. Masa tu macam ewww brand Essence apa tu. Tapi sebab dia murah aku beli lah. Tak ingat what happened to that blush. LOL. Then like few months ago adik aku sibuk nak blush jugak. So aku suruh lah dia try ni sebab murah. Aku pon tengok barang-barang lain Essence pon macam murah jugak. Aku pon shopping sekali tapi aku tak beli blush lah. Lepas tu aku singgah lah bilik adik aku, geram je aku tengok blush dia. Asal masuk je, mesti swatch dekat back of my hand and I was like, OMG I HAVE TO GET THISSSS LIKE PRONTO. So I did. And I love it. Ingat brand murah macam apa je. Rupanya, haa kau. Memang silky touch lah. LOVE IT. Even though dia ada gold shimmer in it but it's not that obvious. It is a beautiful blush and also very pigmented. Tonyok sikit je cukup. So beautiful. LOVE IT.



Description: Reddish pink, matte? I don't know. Something like that.
Suitable on: ALL skintone (kot)
Price: RM25++ ($5 in the US)

Aku beli ni sebab I thought it was a light pink-red kinda blush. But it's not. Don't trust the Nyx website. LOL. Go find swatches first before you buy them online. Hahaha. It is actually like deep pink with red undertone. This blush is super pigmented, so jangan tonyok brush terus. Lightly dab cukup. Hahaha. Kalau tak memang macam clown. But it is a beautiful shade. Boleh la, ok la ok lah.



Description: Cool-toned pink, matte
Suitable on: Fair to medium skintone
Price: RM59.90 (I bought it when it was on sale for RM26.50. YEP)

This blush is always on sale on Body Shop's website. Tengok lah nasib macam mana. Online sale Body Shop memang over kadang-kadang. I am still waiting for that seaweed scrub on sale for like more than 30% lah LOL. Okay off topic. This blush is very pink (for me it's too pink). But if you apply it light-handed, it will appear like a natural flush on yo face. I bought this early 2014 and still haven't had any dent. Selalu jugak pakai ni, takyah tonyoh banyak-banyak pon. This blush long lasting jugak lah on me. I love it!



Description: Bronzy coral with a little bit of a sheen ? I guess.
Suitable on: All skintone, deeper skintone can use it as highlighter (kot)
Price: Don't know, got it in a beauty box (long time ago)

I got this blush in a beauty box like last year. It's not exactly a beauty box but this website jual travel size high end punya makeup. So aku beli something and aku dapat ni sekali. I thought this was a blush actually, bila aku google info untuk benda ni baru aku tau it's not a blush. Hahahhaa. I think it's a blush tapi maybe highlighting blush kot. Sebab dia macam ada 2 tone shade dekat pan tu. Satu macam bronzy shade, satu lagi macam a beautiful light peach with a bit of sheen. I use it as a blush topper, memang cantik lah. I like. 



Description: Dark, cool-toned brown with satin matte finish
Suitable on: Fair to light medium skintone (for contouring)
Price: RM25++ ($5 in the US)

I actually buy this blush just to contour. Tengok banyak beauty gurus pakai ni for contouring so aku pon beli lah. Nasib baik lah sesuai dengan my skintone and it doesn't look muddy lah. It is the perfect shade for contouring. Plus it's not expensive. Nak beli contour powder bukan main mehe lagi. Beli ni je senang!


Okay, go on. Go refill your soda ke air ke apa dulu... Lek lu....


L-R: Sleek Blush in Coral, Sleek Blush by 3 in Lace





Description: Deep coral, matte
Suitable on: Light medium to deep skintone
Price: RM40.50 on Luxola ($6.99 in the US) (8g)

You thought, hey it's coral. Sure lah suitable for me. It is, but... damn this is very deep kind of coral. Suitable for WOC, confirm lah. Sleek blush is actually not bad at all. This blush is pigmented (but not crazy pigmented and not chalky or powdery at all!) and the color payoff is beautiful. Takdelah looking like a clown pon. Use it very light-handed jela. But this is gorgeous. And can we talk about the packaging? For $6.99, dia punya packaging macam high end brand kot. Heavy, sturdy. I LOVE IT. 


12. Sleek Blush by 3 in Lace

Description: Shade 1 orange (matte), Shade 2 rose gold (shimmery), Shade 3 reddish peach (matte)
Suitable on: Light to medium deep skintone
Price: RM59.50 ($14.99 in the US) (20g)

Hari tu Luxola ada sale gila babi, so... I bought this. Hahaha! Sekali dengan Sleek Blush tu jugak. Tapi menyesal jugak la beli single blush tu sebab tu 8g for RM40, and this one 20g/3 kira 6.67g each blush. Kurang 1. something g je from the single brush. Kalau ikut normal price divided by 3, it is only RM19.83 per pan. That's fricking cheap wehhhhh. Takyah lah beli single blush tu. HAHAHHAA. Anyways, let's talk about shade 1 dulu. Shade 1 ni aku kurang sikit sebab dia like literally an orange blush. Hahaha. Boleh je pakai and rock it but I no like. Shade 2 is a rose gold shade. Omg gorg! It is a dupe for Nars Orgasm, kalau nak jimat duit boleh lah try this shade. Actually dia ada jual single blush in Rose Gold. Pi lah search swatches Nars Orgasm dgn Sleek Blush Rose Gold. Memang ada sikit sama. Takde la exact dupe but you get what I mean lah. Shade 3 is a peach blush with a red undertone. I love this shade. Ada jugak aku pakai few weeks. It is suitable for almost all skintone. Maybe like a summery blush. I guess. I don't know. And the packaging, hory shit. Sleek gila kot. The packaging, bukan brand dia yang gila... Memang very sleek. Ada mirror siap. Travel friendly. Ada lagi banyak shade, but banyak macam lebih sesuai untuk deep skintone. Tapi boleh je nak pakai cuma kena light hand jelah. But I love em! And get this Blush by 3 kalau nak try. Takyah la beli single blush. Membazir doh!


Okay... Almost there... Almost.... Hahahhahahahahhaha



Top: BH Cosmetics Contour & Blush palette
Bottom: Nyx Butt Naked Eyes Palette




Description: Shade 1 deep pink (matte), Shade 2 deep warm reddish mauvey, I dont know man (matte)
Suitable on: All skintone
Price: $19 in the US, can't remember how I purchased this but it was less than RM80

I'm only going to talk about the blushes in the palette. Good lord, nampak tak blush dia besar gedabakkkkkkk. Plus it is very pigmented, color payoff is okay jugak. But semak jugak lah. Takyah ler beli palette2 ni membazir doh der. The quality & the price memang okay lah but... I don't know. I don't reach this much sebab besar sangat palette dia LOL.


14. Nyx Butt Naked Eyes Palette - DISCONTINUED

Description: Shade 3 deep pinky peach (matte), Shade 4 cool-toned pink (matte), Shade 5 light pink (sheen), Shade 6 deep pink peach with gold shimmers (shimmery)
Suitable on: Light to medium deep skintone
Price: RM99

I have posted a review on this palette so you guys can check that out here. Hahaha malas nak cakap banyak.


Also, I bought another 2 Essence blushes and 1 Catrice blush. So yeah. Here we go.


Top (L-R): Essence Silky Touch Blush in Natural Beauty & Essence Silky Touch Blush in Babydoll
Bottom: Catrice Defining Blush in Rose Royce




Description: Light soft peachy pink, satin
Suitable on: Fair to medium skintone
Price: RM15++ (tak ingat sbb selalu ada sale lol)

It is a light colored blush but it looks great on me. I'm loving the natural flush kinda thing and this is great for everyday. I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT SO MUCH I WANNA MARRY IT



Description: Neutral peachy-pink with warm brown undertone (can say lah it's a bronzy shade)
Suitable on: Fair to medium deep skintone
Price: RM15++ (tak ingat sbb selalu ada sale lol)

This is a pretty shade for medium skintone because it is like a neutral bronzy kinda shade. I think. It looks pretty natural on me too. I love this. It looks dark, but it's not. Entah taktau nak cakap macam mana. Try lah. Aku suka je. Hahaha.



Description: Pinky rose with peach undertone, satin matte
Suitable on: Fair to medium skintone
Price: RM18.90 (got it on sale for like RM12 something)

The blush name is not exactly sama with what in the pan. Dia kata Rose Royce but I don't know I do not see any rosey hint in here. LOL. But it's a pretty blush, long lasting. For the price yang aku dapat tu memang berbaloi jugak. The packaging pon macam sleek and sturdy. Macam mahal lah. But it's not mahal. It's cheap. I like cheap stuff. Nak beli shade lain jugak but... Macam dah banyak sangat je hahaksdhaskldjaskdjalkjda. 




So that's it guys. I hope this helps you in searching for the right blushes.

My tips for applying blush, (I think I mentioned it before but I wanna mention it again) is to apply this right after you apply your foundation, before you set your foundation with face powder. That way you get long wearing blush, at least for me lah. I never had any issues with blush starting to wear off unless if I apply face powder first. Memang kejap je hilang.

My fave top 3 blushes: ALL Essence blushes, I can't decide. LOL.

Thank you for reading! Let me know what you wanna see for my next makeup stash series!



-iffahs


More mymakeupstash series, HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment