Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Review: The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream

Assalamualaikum and hello my... beautiful gorgeous pretty lovely readers. Hah!


Well, it's Tuesday and already posted a review? Yeah, I am posting 3 times this week because I'm gonna be busy next week... Coz... It's my birthday week... I have so many things to do... Plus I'll be going on a short birthday getaway. So yeah. LOL.

So today, I want to review this wonderful moisturizer from The Body Shop. I think I included it in my previous favourites post... Not sure which one but I think it's the November one... Whatever. Let's get startedddd~~

PRODUCT INFO

Combination to oily skin can say goodbye to shine with The Body Shop® range of seaweed skincare. This innovative range of high performance products have been specially formulated with oil-balancing smart technology and skin-balancing seaweed to effectively care for combination to oily skin.

The Body Shop® difference: Our wild–harvested seaweed comes from our fantastic Community Trade partner in Ireland, the Roaring Water Bay Seaweed Co–operative. Bladderwack is a type of brown seaweed that grows on the northern Atlantic and Baltic coasts of Europe. It has the largest trace mineral content of any known single source of seaweed and contains high levels of iodine, antioxidants and vitamin B–2. Because it is grown without chemicals or fertilizers, it is safe to use on any skin type or at any age to help control shine.

---The blotter exterminator! This easily absorbed, non-clogging, oil-free, hydrating gel-like moisture cream saves you those embarrassing blotting incidences by controlling excess sebum. The mineral rich seaweed is combined with an equally rich Vitamin E to protect skin, keeping it smooth, soft with a shine-free, matte complexion.

Tips & Tricks
Fret not, this won’t make your face any oilier, just apply to the face and neck after cleansing and toning. Use your fingertips in upwards and outwards stroking motion and stay shine-free all day!
Get in on the full range of action with the entire Seaweed collection that is sure to bring back the balance to your skin again, in a jiffy!

Made especially for
Combination/Oily skin

INGREDIENTS

Aqua Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Parfum, Zinc Gluconate, Hydrolyzed Algin, Zinc Sulphate, Disodium EDTA, Fucus vesiculosus, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylene Glycol Alginate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Sodium Stearate, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Algae, Acacia senegal, Serine, Xanthan Gum, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Tocopherol

Reference (source from Skindeep)
Low Hazard
Moderate Hazard
High Hazard

REVIEW


So you know, I was looking for a good moisturizer for my super oily skin and I went to The Body Shop and they said this one is a good one, bestseller blablabla. I didn't buy it straight away because I was waiting for online sale and lucky me it was on sale, 20% off. Yayyy.

First impression: Very light but still moisturizing, smells great.

I noticed whenever I use this moisturizer, when I blend it into my skin it has that weird smell. It smells like something rotten? I don't know but it wasn't pleasant. I only know it came from this moisturizer after I brought it inside my travel makeup bag. The moisturizer itself doesn't have that smell but when you blend it, it's just horrible.

This is not a creamy moisturizer, it has like a water gel consistency. It sinks into your skin quite fast. Is it mattifying? Not at all. The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion is more mattifying than this one.

It is a day cream but it doesn't have any SPF to it. So you might have to put extra layer of sunblock just in case. Does it control excess sebum and shine? Not on me. But it is a good moisturizer under makeup because it's not too oily.

Pros: Moisturizing but not too moisturizing which is great for oily combo skin

Cons: Contains paraben, smells awful after you blend it into your skin

Final thoughts: Despite the awful smell, I actually enjoy using this moisturizer. I was considering to repurchase it then I noticed it contains paraben. Whaaaat. Come on Body Shop! So yeah because of that, I won't repurchase it. I might repurchase the tea tree one because it's a great moisturizer and it does not have paraben... So yeah. I would totally recommend this Seaweed Day Cream to oily combo skin people. It's actually good. I love it.

Rating: ★★★★☆


So yeah. I hope you guys find this helpful in any way.

Thanks for reading! <3


-iffahs


MOOOAAARRR

No comments:

Post a Comment