Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Review: Bifesta Brightup Cleansing Lotion

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely readers!


So the other day I tweeted what cleansing water I should try next and someone recommended me try this Bifesta by Mandom Corp Japan, same company as the Gatsby, Lucido, Pixy etc.

I have never heard of this brand, didn't even bother to look but then suddenly I saw it at Watson's and it was on sale so I was like hmm mesti beli! I have tried it for few weeks now so Imma share with you guys my thoughts on it okay?

PRODUCT INFO

100% Oil-Free, Refreshing Water-Based Makeup Remover
Light & non-sticky formulation that provides powerful cleansing efficiency which works as good as oil-based cleanser.
Derived from skin toners that contain oil dissolving moisturizing agents.
Makeup residue & dirt is lifted quickly without scrubbing and gives skin ample moisture while cleansing thoroughly.

3-in-1 Lotion Effectively Removes Makeup, Tones & Moisturizes in Just One Step!
> Rinsing off and double cleansing with facial foam is not required as this product is 100% oil-free.
> Application of skincare is not required as this product contains moisturizing & toning properties.

Contains Absorbent Hyaluronic Acid!
- Retains more moisture than normal hyaluronic acid.
- New plus-ion hyaluronic acid structure (main component) helps to retain more moisture on skin even after rinsing off with water!

When you peel off the plastic cover, gorg bottle!

Warnings
> Keep eyes closed to avoid contact while cleansing. If contact occurs or if there is any discomfort, please rinse with water immediately. If discomfort persists, please discontinue usage & seek professional assistance.
> If skin has allergic reactions, please discontinue usage.
> Keep out of reach of children.
> Store in a cool place. Be cautious not to let product get into your eyes.
*It may take a while to thoroughly remove waterproof mascara.
> For faster removal, do try Bifesta Eye Makeup Remover instead. Double cleansing with facial foam is not required.

INGREDIENTS

Water, Dipropylene Glycol, PEG/PPG/Polybutylene Glycol -8/5/3 Glycerin, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, PEG-20 Glyceryl Diisostearate, PEG-400, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, PCA Ethyl Cocoyl Arginate, Sodium Citrate, Disodium EDTA, BIS-Glyceryl Ascorbate, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hyaluronate

Reference (source from Skindeep)
Low Hazard
Moderate Hazard
High Hazard

REVIEW

Okay, I learned that the Japanese called toners "lotions". So this cleansing lotion is actually cleansing water. You know me, I love cleansing waters. They are one of the brilliant inventions ever. LOL. Anyways, this is quite a large bottle with a pump. YAYYY. I love pump bottles, easy to use. Takde lah spilled out or anything.

First impression: Literally feels like water, quite effective in removing my face makeup, not so much for waterproof mascaras. If you're not using too much in your eye area, it does not sting. If you do, can feel a little bit sting but not super irritating.

As you can see the picture above, it removed my mascara effectively but I was using a non-waterproof mascara so yeah. I did tighlined my eyes, it removed em effectively as well.

If I had to compare the formula, I would say the ingredients is almost similar and comparable to Biore Perfect Cleansing Water. I posted a review on it back then, you guys can check it out here. The Biore one has paraben but the Bifesta one is formulated without paraben, which is totally a plus. But the Biore one does not sting my eyes at all. Oh but but but, I feel like the Biore one is more effective on removing my waterproof mascaras. Yup. Both have almost the same price point, the Bifesta one is retailed at RM34.90 and the Biore one is retailed at RM35.10. Ala beza doposen je. Both has 300ml of product and both are available at Watson's and Guardian. Oh and the Bifesta has other 3 cleansing lotions as well, Moist, Sebum and Enrich. Mine is the Brightup. All info will be listed down below.

Which formula is better? Bifesta or Biore? It's hard to choose one. The Bifesta is formulated with no parabens but it stings in the eye area. The Biore has parabens but it does not sting my eyes. And for that, I would prefer the Bifesta just because I am avoiding parabens and stuff. LOL. But both are great products.

Pros:
Lightweight formula
Remove face makeup quite effectively
Can use as toner
Not sticky
No parabens

Cons:
Irritating on the eye area

Final thoughts: It's a great cleansing water/lotion in my opinion. I don't regret buying it. I honestly can see myself using this every single day. I like it even though it stings my eyes a bit. I do recommend it, such an awesome product!

Rating: ★★★★☆

So yeah. I hope you guys find this helpful in any way.

Thank you for reading! <3

.iffahs.


MOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR
Bifesta website
Watson's
Makeup Alley
Sebum - Watson's , Guardian
Moist - Watson's , Guardian
Enrich - Watson's
Biore Perfect Cleansing Water - Guardian
More cleansing water reviews here: CLEANSING WATER

No comments:

Post a Comment