Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Review: Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Light Hydrating Cream

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people!


So I wanna share my thoughts on this Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Light Hydrating Cream. It was in my June faves post and I promised a full review.

I am still looking for a hydrating cream for my skin. I have oily combination skin but sometimes it is just super dry (but still oily). It annoys the shit out of me and I am so over The Body Shop Vitamin E creams and I wanna try something else and I am jumping into the Hada Labo train. So yeah. Let's start!


PRODUCT INFO

- Refreshing light-weight cream texture that gives skin an instant surge of suppleness and non-greasy comfort.

- skin PH balanced, low irritation.

- Free of alcohol,fragrance,colorant and mineral oil.

- Prevents moisture loss while boosting skin's hydration level throught Aqua oil volume Matrix advanced technology that uses 3D clusters to hold-oil in water droplets containing oil-soluble nutrients to allow deeper penetration into skin.

INGREDIENTS

Water, Butylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer / Water / Squalane / Polysorbate 60 / Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Cyclopentasiloane / Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer / Dimethicone, Water / Butylene Glycol / Amaranthus Caudatus Seed Extract / Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract / Phenoxyethanol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Betaine, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin / Butylene Glycol / Water / Piper Methysticum Leaf/Root/Stem Extract / Hydrogenated Lecithin / Phenoxyethanol, Water / Butylene Glycol / Soluble Collagen / Portulaca Oleracea Extract / Xanthan Gum / Sodium Hyaluronate / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice / Cnidium Officinale Root Extract / Pueraria Thunbergiana Root Extract / Glycyrrhiza Glabra (LICORICE) Root Extract / Paeonia Lactiflora Root Extract / Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Allantoin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate (Large-size HA), Sodium Hyaluronate (Medium-size HA), Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid (Nano HA), Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate (Super HA)

REVIEW

You know I have been using The body Shop Tea Tree Clearing Lotion and I decided to put it on hold because I wanna try something else. I'm using The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream, it's a bit oily and it's not super moisturizing at all. So one day, I went to Watson's and I saw this Hada Labo cream and I just picked it up because it's oil free and whatnot.

I've heard so much good reviews on the Hada Labo products but I don't know why I never tried them before. Maybe it was because I couldn't afford their products, even for Body Shop pon aku rasa was quite pricey for my budget. Yeah I have my own skincare budget. As you know I'm a cheapskate but I would really love to invest in skincare that really works ya know?

This Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid has 2 creams - one is the light cream (pink jar) and the other one is the water gel cream (blue jar) but I'm pretty sure the pink jar has gel texture too... *thinking face* I haven't try the testers yet so yeah I don't know if they have similar textures and whatnot.



First impression: It has like a gel consistency, absorbs into the skin quite fast. Bulky packaging.

Since it sinks so fast into the skin, sometimes I feel like this cream is not super hydrating even for my oily combination skin. Like I have mentioned so many times before, I have a drier mouth area so I tend to moisturize heavily on that area. If I use chemical exfoliant, I felt like I needed super moisturizer on my mouth area as this is not super hydrating.

It does contains Dimethicone but somehow my skin is not acting up. The Olay Regenerist Night Cream is like super dimethicone-y and that made me break out so bad.

That being said, it is quite suitable for oily skin. Not on the days where you have to go out in the sun, exposed to heat and stuff. Just on the days where you just lepak in the air-cond and whatnot maybe? Huhuh.

I have used this under makeup and I do not have any problems like foundation melting and whatnot. You just have to set your makeup and blot through out the day. I always blot my T-zone because that area is just super oily all the fricking time huhu.

Now let's talk about the bulky packaging. It comes in a jar, which is okay for me even though some people argued about it not being super hygienic and good stuff won't stay in jars - I don't know man. Haha. I don't really mind the jar but this Hada Labo one is HUUUUGGGEEEE. It's quite heavy so it's not really "travel" friendly.

Pros
Light cream - suitable for oily skin
Can use under makeup

Cons
HUUUGGGEEE jar


Final thoughts: I enjoy using this cream but I might not repurchase it. Don't get me wrong, I do love it but I think it's not moisturizing enough. I might try the blue jar but I have to feel the texture first. I would recommend it to peeps who don't really like oily and sticky feeling. This one feels smooooth after applying on the face. If you're going out with just this moisturizer, I recommend you to set it with any type of powder.

Rating: ★★★★☆


So yeah. I hope you guys find this helpful in any way.

Thank you for reading! <3


.iffahs.


MOOOOOAAAAARRRRRRR
Hada Labo
Guardian
Watson's
Home Tester Club

1 comment: